Friday 3 December 2010

Shanghai - Day 1

Our ETA at Pudong airport was supposed to be 0635hrs but we reached 30mins earlier because our pilot decided to speed since its midnight and most likely there is no traffic police on duty.


I was most delighted to see Uncle Yong again after so many years, he did not changed a bit. Upon walking out of the airport, we nearly froze. It was so far the coldest day within a month, temperature at 13 Degree Celsius.

After checking in to our hotel which was conveniently located at the Bund, Uncle Yong and myself went out for breakfast while the 3 took a rest in the hotel room. We chose a Shanghainese eatery for a local taste. The fried onion noodle, steamed soup bin and pan fried bun was delicious but way too oily and salty for my taste. There weren't much change from my last visit 5 years ago. The few same things that you can't miss must be the rude and uncared attitude, speaking loudly, messy traffic and people spitting. I guessed all the above = CHINA.

Dinner got to be my favourite Nanhua Fish Steamboat. The same restaurant is still located at the same venue with the same settling, nothing change a bit. A revisit with my 2 princesses is a totally different experience. 5 years ago, I was with Uncle Yong and his whole bunch of business friends from China, Malaysia and Singapore. We drank and ate liked there's no tomorrow, we were out from day to night, we walked miles and miles in the cold weather but this time round, the food we eat and even the places we visit got to be kids friendly.